Search the forum,

Discuss trying to install dishwasher but no cutoff valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi there, trying to install a new dishwasher, currys knowhow guys came and said they couldn't install as there is no cutoff valve... just had a look under the sink and wondered if this could be it? I tried turning all the way clockwise (with pliers) but water seems to still come out when i disconnect slightly.....

images

View image: image1 7

Thanks

Turn it a bit further pal, that isnt turned off . TBF you really need a new one .

Turn off mains & replace, 2 minute job if the stoptap turns off...

It needs the flat wider sides of spindle to be at 90 degrees to valve body. They are very cheap so get a new valve. Make sure the hose is tightened up hard by hand and then a nip more with a set of grips. I find the idiots from the appliance suppliers haven't a clue and barely tighten them. Needless to say they leak badly

It needs the flat wider sides of spindle to be at 90 degrees to valve body. They are very cheap so get a new valve. Make sure the hose is tightened up hard by hand and then a nip more with a set of grips. I find the idiots from the appliance suppliers haven't a clue and barely tighten them. Needless to say they leak badly

They are rather skilled in crossing the threads though lol

Turn it a bit further pal, that isnt turned off . TBF you really need a new one .

The new one will come with either a Red or Blue small handle on it which yours is missing, reason it`s missing is because with it fitted it hits on the plastic "Nut" which is on the Grey pipe, as said above the "Flat section" in the middle need to be across the pipe to turn it off. By across I mean at 9 & 3 on a clock face.

cheers guys, that worked. can't believe the knowhow guys said there was no valve....!

Can`t believe we`ve all helped a non registered guest - Quick run before you-know-who comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trying to install dishwasher but no cutoff valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from running. This valve does seem very stiff. I am assuming I have to turn the value clockwise since if I turn it anti-clockwise it actually starts dripping...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen. Went under sink to turn off water and there are four valves I can see as per attached photos. Tried turning all clockwise 90 degrees as per usual but water still coming out of tap. Am I missing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock