Discuss toilet in basement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecorcoran83

hi all

ive just been asked to put a toilet in a basement and am wondering where i would take the waste. would i have to fit a macerator? or could i run it to the drain? what would be the best option??

try a nice green composting loo, no need for a drain or one of those nasty saniflo's, only a thought

bit of 3x2 and lots of sawdust!! (you need a big bucket to empty it onto the veg patch occassionally)

depends if the drain is low enough, If not then a saniflow with some big solvent weld pipe and long radius bends (1 1/4), is it For Joseph Fritzel?.

ha ha yeah i think its his long lost brother. cheers guys.

I fitted a toilet in the basement of a shop years ago and used a saniflo and it worked fine. It discharged via a 3/4 inch copper pipe to a sewer pipe approx 2 metres above the toilet. It blocked a couple of times due to the bend in the copper pipe being too tight (3/4 inch elbow). I changed this tight bend to a slow formed bend of about 100mm radius and never had a problem after this.

Make sure no tampons or panti liners are flushed into this toilet as they are sure to block the maserator and make a right mess and are difficult to clear from the saniflo unit.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toilet in basement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock