Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom732

Hi,

I have a Bosch Worcester 25si compact boiler, Centaurplus C17 series 2 programmer and British Gas RS2 thermostat on my system works fine.

Bought a Heatmiser Smart Stat to replace the old RS2 stat, the wiring is 3 wire Red, Black and Earth, but there is currently no 240 coming from the live wire.

Is this an easy fix, fairly competent just tend to air on the side of caution!

Any help/advice appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 27
There won't be, as the clock is not on the backplate. Will need to be turned on to give switched live. Or link out the heating.

Those wires on the programmer look all burnt! Best get an electrician to check to out!

as the guys have said them wires are loose and you dont know what your doing get a sparky/ heating engineer in wont take too long to fix as an easy swap for the people in the know

So it is possible then without channelling extra wiring?

yes if the stat doesnt require per 240v

no if the stat requires perm 240v

You could just fit a wirless stat no wires needed at all, just need to wire the receiver in next to the boiler although you'd have to, take the case off and then you would need a qualified person

You could just fit a wirless stat no wires needed at all, just need to wire the receiver in next to the boiler although you'd have to, take the case off and then you would need a qualified person

Access to the wiring on the new 25si compact does not require the case to be removed... Just 3 screws from the bottom fascia ;)

Access to the wiring on the new 25si compact does not require the case to be removed... Just 3 screws from the bottom fascia ;)

Well there's something new I've learned today,
I haven't installed many boilers YET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP boiler with a British Gas RS2 wired room thermostat. This is what I'd like to achieve I would like, if possible, to change the room thermostat to one that allows two different temperature settings i.e., a lower nighttime setting. Non wireless/smart as the...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm not clued up on boilers in any way, though I'm quite handy with mechanics and always like to learn how things work. The problem: The internal Bosch...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Hoping someone can help me, we have a 2-zone heating system that consists of 3 honeywell 2-port valves on a system/hot water tank gas boiler. Recently the HW motorised valve broke - so I replaced it (motor/housing only) and problem solved. However when diagnosing this, I also noticed...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a separate programmer and a simple room thermostat for zone 1 and programmable thermostat for zone 2. I have purchased the Drayton Wiser 3 zone kit and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock