Discuss the iconic flight shed,rover plant longbridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

icon1.gif
save the flight shed petition

save the iconic flight shed at longbridge - e-petitions

started a petition to save longbridges flight shed turning into god knows what but just trying to stop it being demolished i would be grateful if as many people can sign this and pass the link around to get as many signatures as possible

bump/....... come on you lot it takes 2 minutes to sign

Flight Shed

page24_27.jpg

Flight Shed 1950s

A notable structure as part of the East Works development was the building of the Flight Shed. A planning application lodged on 17th September 1936 for a hangar in Lowhill Lane on the corner with Groveley Lane. The work commenced in late 1936 and was completed in October 1937. The building was to be used as a shop where aeroengine components were to be machined and assembled. Aircraft that had been assembled in the East Works were towered over the road into the Flight Shed were they were fitted out and then lifted up on a platform by cables to the airfield. The building roof was constructed from pressed steel sections assembled to form a honeycombed lattice which gives a single span. This building is probable the only surviving example of this form of construction left in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the iconic flight shed,rover plant longbridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Apologies in advance because you have probably read this question hundreds of times on this forum, but please if you could spare me a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping for some suggestions as to where I go next in my endless mission to stop my system taking on air. The house has a gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have...
Replies
Views
Back