Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss the iconic flight shed,rover plant longbridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

icon1.gif
save the flight shed petition

save the iconic flight shed at longbridge - e-petitions

started a petition to save longbridges flight shed turning into god knows what but just trying to stop it being demolished i would be grateful if as many people can sign this and pass the link around to get as many signatures as possible

bump/....... come on you lot it takes 2 minutes to sign

Flight Shed

page24_27.jpg

Flight Shed 1950s

A notable structure as part of the East Works development was the building of the Flight Shed. A planning application lodged on 17th September 1936 for a hangar in Lowhill Lane on the corner with Groveley Lane. The work commenced in late 1936 and was completed in October 1937. The building was to be used as a shop where aeroengine components were to be machined and assembled. Aircraft that had been assembled in the East Works were towered over the road into the Flight Shed were they were fitted out and then lifted up on a platform by cables to the airfield. The building roof was constructed from pressed steel sections assembled to form a honeycombed lattice which gives a single span. This building is probable the only surviving example of this form of construction left in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the iconic flight shed,rover plant longbridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock