Discuss Textbook shower pump install is giving me trouble!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anttheplumb

Hello fellow plumbs,
I recently took on a shower and shower pump install which is giving me some problems and I was wondering if any of you good people could help me diagnose the problem. I have installed the 3bar Stuart turner monsoon pump next to the hot water cylinder using a surrey flange for the hot water feed and I have installed a new dedicated cold feed from the CWS tank. The outlets from the pump have a short run to the new shower valve which has a drencher head. I left the pump and shower in working condition in the hands of a happy customer and as far as I was concerned it was job done and on to the next. A few days later I received a phone call from the customer saying that they were using the shower when all of a sudden the water stopped coming out the pump stopped and the hot feed to the taps air locked. I went back to the property to investigate but couldn't find anything untoward other than the obvious air lock that I managed to shift with the old hand over the spout of the mixer tap trick. I checked the shower and shower pump and all appeared to be fine. A few more days pass and I receive another phone call from the customer telling me the same thing has happened again. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening? The only idea I have is that the pump may be dragging air in through the hot water vent, but surely the Surrey flange would stop that from happening, or would it?
I would greatly appreciate some ideas guys.

It's draining the cws tank check it's size and the delivery rate (mains inlet flow rate)

What he said ^
We had one like that, leave it running and see how the level of the tank is after a reasonable time like 10-15minutes.

Thanks for the ideas guys. The storage tank is a good size so I'd be surprised if that is the case. I'll have a look tomorrow and I'll post my findings.

Tend to agree with the quatity of stored water especially as you have a 3 bar pump ...shifting the water quicker than it can be replaced....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Hi there anttheplumb and welcome along, What size of cold water tank did u connect onto .? I mean 3 bar is a big pump so like the guys are suggesting it sounds like it's sucking it dry, so more storage needed methinks , good luck and keep us posted on your outcome , cheers ,

SForage may be adequate but part 2 may not be refilling adequately . Bit of grit in it or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Textbook shower pump install is giving me trouble!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back