Discuss Taking a working cold pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
One way to do this is to out a pressure guage on a washing machine tap and run a cold tap otherwise you are only measuring a static pressure. If the wash machine tap has a check valve then you won't get a true working pressure? Is this right? Can anyone elabirate?

Yes you are right. On a washing machine valve with check valve it will not allow the pressure to be released when you open, say the kitchen tap. It will still show static. For dynamic you would have to remove the gauge, open the kitchen tap, fit the gauge while the tap is still running and measure pressure. Which will be dynamic pressure, then close kitchen tap to give static pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taking a working cold pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
This is doing my head in, so I am turning to the experts here for any wisdom... In the last couple of days I have very low cold water pressure in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back