Discuss Swivel Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have swan-neck swivel taps in the kitchen and within a couple of weeks, the swivel becomes very tight. I take them apart and administer silicone grease to the O rings and we are ok for another couple of weeks. It strikes me that some form of permanent lubrication would be better and I am wondering if it is possible to obtain self-lubricating O rings, e.g. impregnated with graphite. Would this work and if so where could I obtain such?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Swivel Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn...
Replies
Views
My Franke Eiger mixer tap started leaking from where the spout joins the body. I took the spout off, the o rings looked ok so I put a bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! I've just made a kitchen tap for a customer. She's delighted with it as it is but its wrecking my head that it doesn't swivel. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a Lefroy basin tap. I have a tap where I need to remake the seal where the spindle of the tap goes into the...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
P
Hi, New to the forum so just like to say hello all. Joined as I'm a bit stuck and in need of your help. Moved into a 70's built property...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock