Search the forum,

Discuss Franke Eiger mixer tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My Franke Eiger mixer tap started leaking from where the spout joins the body. I took the spout off, the o rings looked ok so I put a bit of silicone grease on and put it back. After a couple of days it started again. I have a friend that has about six different boxes of o rings, he must have about 1000 in all so I thought I would get one easily. Not one was the exact size, they were all slightly too thick but I got one that was very close. Well obviously not close enough as the spout wouldn’t push back in to the body. I know I can get two o rings a grub screw and an Allen key for about £6 on Amazon or e bay but it seems a lot to pay when I only actually need one o ring. I don’t think my local plumbers merchant would be too chuffed if I went in and asked them to match one o ring. Does anybody have any ideas because if I buy any of the random sets of 50 to 200 rings I think they will probably all be slightly too thick like my friend’s.

It is only one o ring that I need though and you can buy about 100 for £6. I don’t mind paying out for anything but don’t like paying over the odds for anything.

It is only one o ring that I need though and you can buy about 100 for £6. I don’t mind paying out for anything but don’t like paying over the odds for anything.
To be fair, the £6 kit you are talking about contains two 'O' rings, a nylon circlip component, a replacement chromed grubscrew to retain the tap spout, and an allen key. For the average home owner, I don't think that's a rip-off!
The replacement O-ring does need to be exactly the correct size, so I would buy the kit 😀

If you really can't bring yourself to buy a (genuine) kit, you could try contacting Franke customer services, and see if they will send you the O-rings only free of charge. 🤔

Last edited:
Yes you are correct £6 is not rip off for the bits that are provided, The only bit I need though is one O ring , you are also correct that it needs to be exactly the correct size. I’m honestly not that bothered about paying £6 I was just genuinely interested if there was another way as my friend had literally hundreds of O rings and he could hardly believe that none of them would fit. He pulled box after box out and all those that were the correct diameter were too fat. The other thing is the kits I’ve seen don’t say they are genuine Franke but just say they fit the Eiger tap

Yes you are correct £6 is not rip off for the bits that are provided, The only bit I need though is one O ring , you are also correct that it needs to be exactly the correct size. I’m honestly not that bothered about paying £6 I was just genuinely interested if there was another way as my friend had literally hundreds of O rings and he could hardly believe that none of them would fit. He pulled box after box out and all those that were the correct diameter were too fat. The other thing is the kits I’ve seen don’t say they are genuine Franke but just say they fit the Eiger tap
I agree it's hard to know when you're buying a genuine part.
Seriously, I would try and have a chat with Franke customer services, and see if they can help.

Reply to Franke Eiger mixer tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock