Discuss Suggestions on Water treatment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have been replacing some very badly corroded pipework on an old one pipe central heating system. I think there was probably alot of pinpricks in the system.It is a large house and has taken hours to drain down. I will be ready to refill the system soon, does anyone have any suggestions on the best inhibitor/protectors? Fernox/Sentinal

I have a feeling that there is alot more corroded pipework which is just inaccessable without pulling the house apart.

Would it be worth putting some central heating leak sealer in the system

Any suggestions really welcome

thanks

Paul:)

hard one, best advice would be to tell the custard the problems and advice a replacement sytem if needed, can only lead to leaks in the med/long term if nothing done soon.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. However the customer does not want to pay for a replacement as it would involve putting a two pipe system in. They just want to fix what needs fixing at the moment as they will move in a couple of years.

Any suggestions as to what to put in the f and e cistern

thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suggestions on Water treatment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
I have discovered a very old end feed 22mm t connector under the bath is very gently weeping water. It’s in a place and with pipework that are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock