Discuss Strange inlet valve set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have found an inlet valve for a toilet cistern that is very strange.

There is a 10mm copper pipe inside the cistern which the inlet valve is attached to.

I cannot remove it all as the hole in the cistern is too small and to close to the side of the cistern.

Anyone no how to find spares..

The inlet valve is not in Bathroom, Heating, Plumbing Spares web site either!

Anyone come across it B4?

I think I have fitted one similar, best bet is to take a few pics and post them up. I'm sure the customer won't have a problem with you going back and taking a few pics if it means they have a working toilet soon!

Grohe and Gebberit always have weird connections going on.

When you say attached, does the 10mm come of the bottom of the valve and terminate just above the bottom of the cistern?
If its a real old ball valve the its a "silencer tube"

Came accross one of these 3-4 years ago customer had bought WC suite from Wicks fill valve not working, could not get parts for it, had to fit new suite.

If I was cynical I'd accuse them of making things that can only be replaced with their own bonkers contraptions.

Not an unforgivable business strategy unless the item is rubbish and shortly discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange inlet valve set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, thanks for your time reading this! We have noticed a leak appearing from the built-in toilet in our main bathroom that's spreading...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
D
The usual problem of quarter turn inlet valves not shutting off, so I eventually found replacement diaphragms 32mm... and although they fit...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock