Search the forum,

Discuss what is it with Ideal Standard inlet valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 126490

The usual problem of quarter turn inlet valves not shutting off, so I eventually found replacement diaphragms 32mm... and although they fit properly, the water still does not shut off. If I lift the float up I'd have thought the water should shut off but it makes no difference. So I tried the replacement new diaphragm on another (working) loo and that didn't shut off properly either! I put the old one back in and that no longer shuts off either %-) Is there a problm with eg Chinese knock off diaphragms as they look the same but clearly don't work. I've now sent for 5 OEM ideal std ones (£25) which probably look the same.... and probably won't work... I have 3 toilets, 2 are Ideal std always troublesome, no problem ever with Fluidmaster inlet tho' the float is a tight fit in a small cistern.

Wondered what it is with these things that would mean the inlet valve just won't shut off no matter what? Any pointers welcome.

Sorry if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs, but they definitely are the right diaphagms [EDIT or 'diaphragms', which might be more useful really]? The AS fill valves I have come across recently use a diaphagm very similar to the old 'hushflow' ones that come in FOV service kits but slightly thinner. They fit and look like they will work, but aren't thick enough to seal off.

This page shows it quite well. Even looking at the photos the two valves look the same:

Reply to what is it with Ideal Standard inlet valves in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock