Search the forum,

Discuss what is it with Ideal Standard inlet valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 126490

The usual problem of quarter turn inlet valves not shutting off, so I eventually found replacement diaphragms 32mm... and although they fit properly, the water still does not shut off. If I lift the float up I'd have thought the water should shut off but it makes no difference. So I tried the replacement new diaphragm on another (working) loo and that didn't shut off properly either! I put the old one back in and that no longer shuts off either %-) Is there a problm with eg Chinese knock off diaphragms as they look the same but clearly don't work. I've now sent for 5 OEM ideal std ones (£25) which probably look the same.... and probably won't work... I have 3 toilets, 2 are Ideal std always troublesome, no problem ever with Fluidmaster inlet tho' the float is a tight fit in a small cistern.

Wondered what it is with these things that would mean the inlet valve just won't shut off no matter what? Any pointers welcome.

Sorry if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs, but they definitely are the right diaphagms [EDIT or 'diaphragms', which might be more useful really]? The AS fill valves I have come across recently use a diaphagm very similar to the old 'hushflow' ones that come in FOV service kits but slightly thinner. They fit and look like they will work, but aren't thick enough to seal off.

This page shows it quite well. Even looking at the photos the two valves look the same:

Reply to what is it with Ideal Standard inlet valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock