Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Stelrad Elan bf boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The local council are sponsoring a scrappage scheme which an householder has just informed me on and their boiler is the above. Trying to find if this comes into band g or who if anybody bought out these. Should really know this but my brain i think should be rated at band g and scrapped.

Deffo a golden oldie but why scrap one that's working well in favour of a carp HE boiler that'll need replacing in less than ten years?

Old couple who have been having many problems with it which has been looked after by somebody else. I was working next door and they informed me they wanted a new boiler and then told me about this council led scrappage scheme and would they qualify for the grant. Looked on the councils own website and the boiler / manafacturer is not even listed.. I have explained some of the pitfalls with new boilers but they are seduced with the thought of getting something for nowt !

Great, thats really helpful. Thought it was part of the caradon ideal group but when looked at the council list from them, the elan is not listed. Maybe my brains not quite ready for scrappage after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stelrad Elan bf boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock