Search the forum,

Discuss starting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

domcon

Just recently registered with gas safe, would like to know what are the most reliable boilers to fit, would like to stick with one make if possible. Any advise welcome.

hi and welcome, find out by talking to others on site etc,,, try fitting and working on different types and pick one you like and stick with it is my advice

I don't think you can go wrong with Worcester. Some will say Valliant and some Baxi. I don't know about other makes but Worcester has a fairly comprehensive manual, good telephone support and a team of service engineers if matters are becoming too tricky.

Broag remehas have very good manuals and schematics for learners to use and 5 yr P&L warranties, a good selling point, I personally hate worcester manuals which dont seem that clear as they are overcomplicated to my mind and only give a 3 year warranty unless youve done the courses with them, intergas are a good boiler as well with some good selling points ie no diverter valves to fail, Baxis good for mid price boilers and choose your cheap option at your peril,some customers will force you to put in rubbish at times

Have a chat to localplumbers and find out what has been put over the last few years, down here its the old baxi 105s and 80s
so if you learn how they work and install something similar your life becomes easier over time ( no need to mention that the newer boilers dont compare to the old ones, I was just saying fit what the locals do and youll help yourself a bit over time)

anything owned by baxi as as far as GM is concerned, and hes not wrong really, however never hang a halstead on anyones wall as theyll curse the day you were born if they ever, sorry when they have to purchase spares as they are never available and when they are the price is thro the roof

as regards to baxi anything but the dreaded solo he and promax heat only,(avoid )everything else baxi make are good boilers the performa,leaving us soon as its a band b is a baxi 105 he (the best combi ever made) but the duo tecs good as well it will be interesting to see the new 105 rumoured to be called the 106 if it is as good as the 105 it will be a winner as long as the pricing the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to starting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock