Search the forum,

Discuss speedfit insert types question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

I've been using the superseal types on 10mm pipe recently (belt and braces), however I have just got back from the merchants to discover they have given me the standard ones without the O ring, I'm considering whether to use them or not worrying whether the joints might fail in the future if I do. What advice can be given?

Should be fine if there speedfit inserts. Only seen the ones with washers on.
i don't use speed fit though

I've been using the superseal types on 10mm pipe recently (belt and braces), however I have just got back from the merchants to discover they have given me the standard ones without the O ring, I'm considering whether to use them or not worrying whether the joints might fail in the future if I do. What advice can be given?

super seal in all speed fit joints too be sure it dont leak in the future

designed for diy market, addl orings etc, but if the company also produces normal inserts, why not use them, as long as you follow the instructions they all work ok. As far as superseal not leaking, a myth as Ive been going to a house where most of them are beginning to leak over time. Presumambly as the original installer didnt hydraulically pressurise the system iaw mfis!

they are fine to use and must be used if compression fittings are fitted.

I only use superseal if the pipe is not dead smooth it stops the slight weap when you push pipe through and catch on concrete.

designed for diy market, addl orings etc, but if the company also produces normal inserts, why not use them, as long as you follow the instructions they all work ok. As far as superseal not leaking, a myth as Ive been going to a house where most of them are beginning to leak over time. Presumambly as the original installer didnt hydraulically pressurise the system iaw mfis!

You mean pressure testing at 2 then 10 bar as recommended? - I did read that in the JG guide, sounds extreme and a bit dangerous -do people actually do that?

You mean pressure testing at 2 then 10 bar as recommended? - I did read that in the JG guide, sounds extreme and a bit dangerous -do people actually do that?

if you want your system to be warrantied if there is an issue later on. if not just wait for the custard to moan mr jgs to come out, cut off some of your fittings for analysis and for you to be repiping the property foc for the customer. as speedfit wont be paying anything. if the mfis state it, do it surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to speedfit insert types question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted to get a second opinion on whether it was installed correctly or not. So we had a toilet with an integrated sink and concealed cistern installed 6...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have a 2013 Better Bathroom wall mounted cistern. The inlet valve (?) on the left side has been dripping and - we think - overfilling the cistern so it then leaks through a joint in the cistern. Picture of the valve unit is below. My question is whether there is any way to track...
Replies
Views
I have an Instinct Mag Cleaner fitted to my system, but was never given the spanner nor spare o-rings. The body cap is approximately 100mm across. i will soon be doing a small amount of plumbing on my system and was hoping to top-up via the mag, but am reluctant to touch it due to the lack of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, This is my first post so apologies if this isn't the right section for the post. I'm a qualified plumbing and heating engineer with nearly 20 years experience under my belt. I have an issue with a (client supplied) TM Traymate shower tray/trap and wondered if anyone else has had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock