Discuss Soil Pipe do you get what you pay for ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Currently undergoing a loft conversion, looking at the soil pipe details
I have found a vast difference in Prices in this case do you get more "bang for your buck" Ie Osma = Rolls Royce or will a lesser alternative still have the Longevity ? any recommendations gratefully received
Cheers

Personally, Osma / Mc Alpine, better quality fit when it comes to ancillary parts. Less prone to seal failure due to fitting issues / general quality. There's some really cheap Chinese stuff out there but it's rubbish and really hard to work with.

Osma

Polypipe are the main ones

Personally, Osma / Mc Alpine, better quality fit when it comes to ancillary parts. Less prone to seal failure due to fitting issues / general quality. There's some really cheap Chinese stuff out there but it's rubbish and really hard to work with.
Thankyou … other than a local plumbers merchants or travis perkins, Wolvesly Etc do you know of any online suppliers can only find places like Screwfix ( which do cheap ones )

Last edited:
Osma

Polypipe are the main ones
Thankyou … other than a local plumbers merchants or travis perkins, Wolvesly Etc do you know of any online suppliers can only find places like Screwfix ( which do cheap ones )

Last edited:
Plumbnation should do the decent stuff (as there fulfilled by travis)

Hi just had a look a Plumbnation could only see Floplast …..are they any good seem really cheap

It is cheap , I occasionally use their waste pipes I have never had any problems , soil pipe though, I would use polypipe .

It is cheap , I occasionally use their waste pipes I have never had any problems , soil pipe though, I would use polypipe .
Thanks.... just looking round now an example A single Branch in Wolseley Marley = £ 76.83.... Centre = £ 18.92 ( Guess there own brand )…. Screwfix Floplast = £ 13.69 there doesn't seem to be a middle product ?

Thanks.. just looking round now an example A single Branch in Wolseley Marley = ÂŁ 76.83 Centre = ÂŁ 18.92 ( Guess there own brand ) Screwfix Floplast = ÂŁ 13.69 there doesn't seem to be a middle product ?

The center brand gear is theirs and its good gear to be honest , sod the Marley price .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Pipe do you get what you pay for ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Having the layout on the ground floor reworked, the plans to do so included moving the internal vertical soil pipe on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Hi All Newbie so please bear with. We are selling our old house - built 1880. The purchaser has shared their survey report which states that the...
Replies
Views
We have a Grant condensing oil fired boiler in good condition and four years old. Sometimes after a period of use when the central heating has...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice on the soil pipe inside or outside, I have searched on google and read couple of forums but don't find the right or wrong...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock