Search the forum,

Discuss Sink blanking plug in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jarvis

We have a ceramic sink with a ceramic blanking plug over the unused hole. I've managed to drop a chopping board on it and cracked the ceramic blanking plug. I've ordered a replacement but wanted to ask - how is this likely to be stuck to the sink, sealant, glue? It feels pretty sold. Which leads to the obvious next question, how do I go about removing it? I was going to try prising it out with a knife or screwdriver but I don't want to crack the sink. Any advice?

Looking under all you see is the base of the plug. Do you mean it might be threaded? The replacement I ordered isn't and I didn't see any that were.

Really? A chisel to a ceramic sink?! That makes me even more nervous.

From underneath, or the side at the top?

Really? A chisel to a ceramic sink?! That makes me even more nervous.

From underneath, or the side at the top?

I'd try from side at the top it's broke anyway so what you got to loss just don't break the sink lol famous last works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink blanking plug in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under the plug hole, quite thick. I jabbed it hard with a stick and it completely dislodged and got sent down the pipes. I tried the taps again and the...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my bathroom sink. It's been "blocking" regularly, maybe once a month, for at least 3 years. The sink fills with water and doesn't drain. In the past I've used "HG Liquid Drain Unblocker" and that often will clear the blockage, but it doesn't always. I've also...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just wondering how you'd all tackle this. (I'm a bit of a lone plumber, so don't get to discuss jobs generally). Customer has sent me pics of a quadrant floor-level shower tray. He's just moved into the house, and discovered the shower tray leaks (water through ceiling below). It...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock