Discuss Shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lesley

Please is their anyone who can help me as regards fitting a shower pump. I have employed a qualified plumber to fit me a new bathroom having paid £6000. He fitted anew immersion tank but used my old thermostate. The shower worked for 4 days then it started to make a terrible noise and when the water was shut off the pump still carried working for 4 minutes, also the pump will come on 3 or 4 times a day just on its own. Is it possible that the water has boiled because the thermostate is faulty and has now ruined the pump. The plumber seems to think it is a faulty pump. Can anyone advise please

Could be a faulty pump, any photo's? If you had some photo's of the airing cupboard / pump installation it would help.

Throw it back in your plumbers court. It's his job to sort it not yours.

015.jpg

Photo of Airing Cupboard Thank You Lesley

In all fairness looks like quite a nice install, hot feed for the pump taken off of the side of the cylinder, providing the cold has been taken directly from the tank then again thats correct, providing there is a 600mm fall from the cold water tank then thats also good.

Don't be too downhearted, to be blunt, sometimes it goes wrong.

The installer has come back and is willing to sort it out.

Trust me its as annoying for him as it is for you. All the time hes coming back to check/sort it out he's not out earning.

Looks ok apart from the two chunks of wood the cylinder is sat on, I prefer to see the cylinder supported across its full base.

As for the shower pump it sounds as though it could be faulty, as said it happens, just because it's new out of the box doesn't mean it will be 100%.

Your installer has done a brilliant job by the looks of it. I would suggest the pump is at fault. Have a bit of sympathy for your installer, it is a real pain when you've done everything right only to find something doesn't work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock