Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasper1999

Hi,
I have just moved into a house that has been empty for 3 months. The shower and bath are fed from a shower pump (Wickes 2 bar 410036 unit). When I went to use the shower, the pump would not start. It just made a humming noise and there was an odour coming from it. I tried turning on both the shower and bath, tried having the controls turned for just cold, mixed and the maximum hot delivery - to no avail.
It was running ok up until then as far as I know, although the previous owners said it did exhibit these symptoms from time to time and they solved them by running the bath and shower simultaneously and the pump would start. Obviously this did not work for me. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Turn shower on and hold the shower head down low, possible wrong pump fitted?

Pardon my manners, Welcome to the forum.

Thanks rpm,
The shower head is fixed so I cannot do this. Also its been fitted for some time so I don't think its the wrong type - I have been reading a few forums on shower pumps and the type seems to fit the circumstances in the house.
But thanks for your suggestions :)

Hi,
I have just moved into a house that has been empty for 3 months. The shower and bath are fed from a shower pump (Wickes 2 bar 410036 unit). When I went to use the shower, the pump would not start. It just made a humming noise and there was an odour coming from it.

Odour, as in burnt electrical odour? Doesn`t sound good to me.

Most likely the motor burned out. Isolate the power for your own safety. Most likely installed wrong (dragging air) since previous owners already confirmed it was playing up. Also would advise to get a decent pump like salamander or stuart turner if you wish to have it working for more than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock