Discuss Shower Pump not kicking in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stanley

Customer with a shower pump in airing cupboard. The pump often doesnt kick in when shower turned on. Hot supply to pump has been tee'd off the supply to the rest of the house. could this problem be due to the pump not having its own seperate feed for HW. or am i missing something.

Ideal to fit Surrey/Essex flange.
Maybe flowswitch fault?
Does pipework go up into loft?

its a new stuart turner pump. the pipework goes into the floor, across then up to the shower. (all on 1st floor of house)
Was thinking of using a surrey flange but not done one before and so wanted to make sure it wasnt something else.

its a new stuart turner pump. the pipework goes into the floor, across then up to the shower. (all on 1st floor of house)
Was thinking of using a surrey flange but not done one before and so wanted to make sure it wasnt something else.
thought it might be an s/t pump before i read this.:cool:
apart from the flow switch notg making, or the filter blocked,
could be the pcb as i had the same prob with one last year.
call them up and they may send a replacement otherwise some cheap ones on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your replys.

Found out they had an old pump which was doing the same problem, and so they swapped it with a new s/t pump.

also although the pipework doesnt go up into the loft, why does this sometimes cause problems.

Salamander pumps told me that the flow switches in the pump require pipework at highest point fixing a minimum of 600mm below CWSC to allow pump to sense flow to kick pump in.I was just thinking you may of had them routed in loft and may not have this sort of height.Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Pump not kicking in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Good evening everyone. I am after some advice with regard to our hot water system before I call out a plumber if necessary. So about 3 times...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Finished a full bathroom 2 days ago The system required a negative head pump to be installed (salamander ct60bu) as there was not...
Replies
Views
I have a 2nd pump which has recently stopped working properly. Symptoms are 1) usually loses pressure quickly and the pump gets louder 2) no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock