Discuss self cutting drainoffs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

toolstation are now selling these i used to use a self cutting washertap with a cut down washerhose with a peice of copper shoved in and a drain off hose shoved on the end when draining a system with no drain offs these are going to save me so much time what a geat idea! ( i never leave the wastertaps in like allways cut out and put a drain off in or change a lockshield to a drain off

you wouldn't leave it on would you

50376.jpg

no but when you turn up for the last job of the day you can(well i can) almost garentee there wont be a drain off or it will be stuck fast pop these on drain down repair and put a propper one in they can also be usefull when all drops come from above but the installers havnt put a drainoff on each leg

No. I think he says so in his last sentence. Beats a screwdriver, hammer and buckets :)

Its a shame that there isnt a re usable drain off version on that easy fit isolater!

i have never done that simon if it comes to that i snatch a radiator newish small one only! and put a tap connector into a peice of copper into my hose onto the rad valve lol works quite well but dont allways fancy snaching depending on floor covering

Had one in the van for years, it don't come out much.
gets you out of trouble sometimes.

i have never done that simon if it comes to that i snatch a radiator newish small one only! and put a tap connector into a peice of copper into my hose onto the rad valve lol works quite well but dont allways fancy snaching depending on floor covering

Did it on some 28 circs with drain off on the boiler. It was all coming out. Do it on some hot water tanks if there's no drain off on cold feed. Bray a bit of 15mm in and use that to drain the cylinder and finish off out the cold feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to self cutting drainoffs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock