Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trisha

I have had a Saniflow for nearly a year now and it works quite well. It is connected to a toilet and a new shower, so pumps away toilet water and shower water. However, sometimes the pump stops working automatically and I constantly have to press the override button to switch it on manually. Last time this happened (a few months ago) I poured a whole bottle of bleach into the shower hole and the next day it was fine again. However, the problem has come back and although I have put 3 bottles of bleach down, and the pump is still not kicking in automatically.

WOuld be grateful for any suggestions on how I can solve this problem.

Hi Trisha I think your sani flo unit needs to be removed and thoroughly cleaned although one of the best on the market they are all prone to gunk up after a while if possible have the shower trap and pipe work cleaned at the same time not a job for feint hearted:eek:good luck:)regards turnpin

Hi there Turnpin. Many thanks for the advice. However, the problem is that I am not a plummer and don't feel confident about dismantling the saniflo. I was thinking of trying some strong acid down the shower hole...do you think that might do the trick?

What is going through it? Things I have found gone down before even though the customer says just wee and poo ; condoms, tampons, pads, wet wipes, bic razor blade covers, plastic make up pad pouches etc. It is probably hair gone down from the shower which could be wrapped around the motor. Strong acid or drain cleaner will probably do more harm than good and would invalidate any existing warranty if you get a saniflo engineer out to fix it. Call a plumber to take it out clean it and tell you not to let hair go down the shower waste....for some reason I am always far too busy when I get a macerator callout! ;) good luck with it though

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely only wee and shower waste that goes down, as we have an upstairs toilet for the big jobs. I think you are right and that the problem is hair because my daughter has long hair. I will ask a plummer to come. Thanks for the advice

avoid acid and if not confident enough call a plumber respect your honesty. sani flo have own engineers so at least you will get a fixed quote for the work :)regards turnpin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock