Discuss Riello burner pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
here we go here we go here we gooooooooooo. labour charges already inflated!, its more than I can source one for! I dont mind if cost are reasonable (but I still dont want to pay those either). All in all you hate paying someone to repair something you know nothing about but feel it all costs too much and we must be ripping you off adding 20% and ffs labour at £70 an hour, how can you possibly justify that lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.................................you try running a oil servicing repair business, then you would have a reasonable right to comment but you pop on here asking for free advice and at the same time accuse the tradesman of being overpriced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id charge £150 plus vat to supply and fit a Riello pump. If anyone wanted to supply the item themselves I wouldnt touch the job. This is not because I want the mark up, its because I want to be responsible for my work from parts to labour.

This reminds me of a replacement Riello oil pump job I was asked to do by a customer for his brother.
When I immediately rang his brothers home & told them I would come & sort it, the mans wife said, no, we don't want you to fit it, we just want you to supply the oil pump! Then she asked what the Riello pump price was. When I told her, she said they would give me less (a rounded up figure of actually about over £3 less than what it cost me)! Then it got worse, the husband came on and told me to deliver it to their house, which is at least 5 miles away. He told me I would know the house because of the 3 cars outside it, Audi, etc.

This reminds me of a replacement Riello oil pump job I was asked to do by a customer for his brother.
When I immediately rang his brothers home & told them I would come & sort it, the mans wife said, no, we don't want you to fit it, we just want you to supply the oil pump! Then she asked what the Riello pump price was. When I told her, she said they would give me less (a rounded up figure of actually about over £3 less than what it cost me)! Then it got worse, the husband came on and told me to deliver it to their house, which is at least 5 miles away. He told me I would know the house because of the 3 cars outside it, Audi, etc.

What point did you hang up on them?

What point did you hang up on them?

His brother lives near me & is very decent, so I dropped a new Riello pump into him & got a couple of pounds more than it cost me. The people promised that they would get me out sometime in the future to service & set the burner up. That must be a year or two now & I am still waiting. Miserable people. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello burner pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock