Discuss Riello burner pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it to your oily to supply it. He'll get a better price than you ever will plus the guarantee of it being correct.

He might get it at a better price, but by the time the mark up goes on, it's not going to be cheap.
as for getting the right part, I've got the part no. Should be able to get it from that.
thanx for all the suggestions, I'll source a pump and get him to fit and set up.

Bit odd that the company lets you get the parts. Surely when it would be quicker for the company just to supply & fit the part when they are repairing the boiler. Sure, it does happen occasionally when a customer buys a part themselves & asks for it to be fitted, but generally speaking they pay more for the part. The company should be able to better your price for the oil pump, even allowing them a mark up.

Bit odd that the company lets you get the parts. Surely when it would be quicker for the company just to supply & fit the part when they are repairing the boiler. Sure, it does happen occasionally when a customer buys a part themselves & asks for it to be fitted, but generally speaking they pay more for the part. The company should be able to better your price for the oil pump, even allowing them a mark up.

I already know the price of the oil pump from the company that does the servicing, trust me, it's more than I can source one for.
i don't mind paying for products as long as the cost is reasonable, ( everyone has to make a living ), but factor in labour charges, ( which are already inflated ), and it starts to become costly.

Just admit, your fitting it yourself.!

Hope you save enough to buy a flue gas analyser, so it can be set up without killing your family.

Say`s so you can do it yourself!

Somebody close this thread.

Just admit, your fitting it yourself.!

Hope you save enough to buy a flue gas analyser, so it can be set up without killing your family.

I haven't got a problem with fitting it myself, it's not a difficult job, but for safety reasons I wouldn't do it.
I'll leave it at that for now, thread seems to be going a bit off course.

It can be an easy job to replace the pump, particularily if you have replaced loads of them before.
But you usually also need to replace the oil hose(s), as they leak if touched.
Then you need to set the oil pump pressure using a pressure gauge to whatever the burner is set up for your particular home.
Then you need to use an analyser to set the combustion.
Then check that all joints dry.
You could just bung a new oil pump in & maybe you get lucky & the boiler works okay, but I bet the air setting & oil pressure mix is wrong & you will, perhaps unknowingly, be using too much oil. Or at worst you will create a danger with fumes.
Should be at least ÂŁ60 for an engineer to do it.

I can post one for ÂŁ180 inc postage :)
But seriously, if you are doing this yourself, just replace the stem to fix the leak, that you can do without setting combustion etc. But for the pump, call another engineer and ask how much a fuel pump would be, then you can challenge price and get a pro to fit.
Do not replace the pump yourself because saving ÂŁ30 is not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello burner pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock