Search the forum,

Discuss Removing upvc soil pipe fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a situation where my bathroom WC discharges into a 90 degree bend and a pipe then runs along the wall before discharging into a soil stack. The fall in the pipe from the bend to the stack is not ideal and although (at the moment fortunately) I do not have a blockage, I think that there is "sediment" laying in the pipe. Although the "horizontal" pipe is cased in, I can get to the bend ok. What I would like to do is remove the WC and replace the bend with an access bend - I could then rod through the horizontal pipe from time to time to clear it. The bend is fitted to the "horizontal pipe" with a straight connector (all fittings push-fit) and my main concern is being able to remove a bend which has been in place about 22 years. (Although I can reach the bend easily, the straight connector is tucked just inside the casing and may be a problem to get to) Before I attempt it, does anyone have any tricks/suggestions for removing a bend that sods law says will be well stuck after all this time.?

I have a situation where my bathroom WC discharges into a 90 degree bend and a pipe then runs along the wall before discharging into a soil stack. The fall in the pipe from the bend to the stack is not ideal and although (at the moment fortunately) I do not have a blockage, I think that there is "sediment" laying in the pipe. Although the "horizontal" pipe is cased in, I can get to the bend ok. What I would like to do is remove the WC and replace the bend with an access bend - I could then rod through the horizontal pipe from time to time to clear it. The bend is fitted to the "horizontal pipe" with a straight connector (all fittings push-fit) and my main concern is being able to remove a bend which has been in place about 22 years. (Although I can reach the bend easily, the straight connector is tucked just inside the casing and may be a problem to get to) Before I attempt it, does anyone have any tricks/suggestions for removing a bend that sods law says will be well stuck after all this time.?
You can try pouring boiling water over the female bits ..he he after smacking it around with a blunt instrument gently
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Thanks to both for replying. Good thought, CW, but the pipe is in a casing which is tiled. So to get to the pipe to cut it I would have to strip the tiles which I don't really want to do as they haven't been up too long !! Rather than hot water which might be messy, I have a hot air gun which I could use to warm up the female bits !!;)

Am I understanding you correctly - you're suggesting a couple of cuts along the socket down to the pipe( but not cutting the pipe), peeling off the socket and then fitting a new bend to the exposed pipe? There is actually a straight connector between the pipe and the spigot of the bend but I guess the same applies - I cut through the socket of the straight connector and peel it off, leaving the pipe intact, ready for a new connector and access bend. If I have understood you correctly, that sounds a good idea.

Am I understanding you correctly - you're suggesting a couple of cuts along the socket down to the pipe( but not cutting the pipe), peeling off the socket and then fitting a new bend to the exposed pipe? There is actually a straight connector between the pipe and the spigot of the bend but I guess the same applies - I cut through the socket of the straight connector and peel it off, leaving the pipe intact, ready for a new connector and access bend. If I have understood you correctly, that sounds a good idea.
yes, good luck

Reply to Removing upvc soil pipe fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock