Discuss regular interval banging pipes when not water is being used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbob200000

Last night one of the pipes in the house started banging every 12ish seconds, despite no water being used.

I turned the mains off and turned on a cold tap (mains feed), then turned of the feed to the hot water cylinder and turned on hot water taps.

however this just increased the time between the banging to around 1 minute.

In addition to this I think that I could hear a small dripping in the wall where the pipes to the shower are located (shower can cause water hammering, and is feed by a negative head pump), but this sound could have been from other pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to regular interval banging pipes when not water is being used in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back