Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss rattling pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poynton phil

Hi just popped over from the tiling forum to see if anyone can help me out with a problem we have at home, we've just had our kitchen extended and the pllumber came took out the old sink and waterpipes, then extended them up the wall across the new ceiling beam down the opposite wall, so to feed the fridge with water for the ice maker, then across the floor to the centre island. The problem is that when we run the hot taps the pipes start rattling like crazy, the plumber said it is just trapped air and with go in time, but after a couple of months of this its still driving us mad, just wondered if what the plumber said was right, and that it will right it self. any advice will be appreciated.

Has he clipped the pipes correctly?

15mm copper pipe clipped horizontally about every 1.2 metres. Vertically, every 1.8 metres.

22mm copper pipe clipped horizontally about every 1.8 metres. Vertically, every 2.4 metres

or has he used plastic?

plasic 15mm horizontal clipping should be every 0.6 metres andvertically, every 1.2 metres.

22mm plastic pipe should be clipped every 0.7 metres horizontally and every 1.4 metres vertically.

Welcome from the tiling forum.

As Nick has mentioned the pipes should have benn clipped as listed. There should also have been sufficient space left between the pipes and any other obstructions they are passing over ie. the new ceiling beam.

If you have 1/4 turn taps fitted it may not be helping with the pipe banging. As they turn off so quickly they do have a tendency to make pipes bang if the pipes weren't clipped properly in the first place.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rattling pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock