Search the forum,

Discuss Question from a customer.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just moved a rad for a woman who said she's having kitchen re-done and heard about heating that goes behind the plinths...? Don't think she means hot air - any ideas what she means - said I'd look into it for her. Doubt it's something I'd do but might be able to point her in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Have a search for plinth heaters, they do just electric or part of your central heating with a small electric fan.

Have a look here [DLMURL="http://www.smiths-environmental-heating-products.co.uk/index.asp?keyword=Kickspace%AE"]Kickspace® | Smiths Enviromental Products[/DLMURL] can be ordered through merchants

Last edited by a moderator:
plinth heaters, yep fitted a few of them, thought they had died out now but maybe not. from what i remember they were quite pricey for what they are.

supposed to be good but expensive, essentially its a 'dragons den' product from a couple of years ago. flow and return run through clips at the back of a plastic skirting board which is all well and good but you can't really hang your clothes on a skirting board:smug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question from a customer.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a no-go. It's a tiny stone-walled, screed floored terraced cottage, with no easy route for the gas pipe. So we're looking at electric options). Two people...
Replies
Views
Good morning. I’m not a plumber but a homeowner trying to figure out an issue with an old steam unit. Basically, we bought an old house a little over a year ago. It has a complicated heating system that includes a steam unit that heats 8 radiators throughout the house (4 on the first floor, 4...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently knocked through from our kitchen to a new extension to create an opening. Various things have been moved from the wall that was knocked through, including...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
I moved into a flat over a month ago now and realized when trying to take a shower that there was little to no hot water - at this time I would turn the water on full out, it would stay cold for maybe 30 sec, it would then get noticeably warmer (lukewarm) and then run out again in maybe 15...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock