Search the forum,

Discuss Electric water heater - recommendations? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a no-go. It's a tiny stone-walled, screed floored terraced cottage, with no easy route for the gas pipe. So we're looking at electric options).
Two people live there. She has a single bathroom/toilet with a bath (she likes baths), an over-the-bath shower running off the current boiler, and a kitchen sink. She uses gas fires for heating, and doesn't want radiators.
Storage options are limited - so no room for an unvented cylinder.
But there is a recess in the bathroom, away from the wet zones, measuring 60cm wide x 45cm deep.
The Ariston Pro1 Eco 80 litres caught my eye - it's wall hung, and might just fit the space.
But recommendations for electric water heaters/boilers would be much appreciated. Especially square ones, that might better fit the recess and still be adequate to supply the bath.
I've only every installed gas boilers (I have my unvented ticket), but am unsure of what's out there that might be a good solution.
And - BTW - my customer is in a hard water area.
But anyway, recommendations and ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Jennie

Reply to Electric water heater - recommendations? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock