Search the forum,

Discuss Pump and Dual Shower Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went to a property yesterday..

They have 2 bathrooms (1 has a concealed valve shower, the other a bath/shower mixer tap). Both are fed by a 3 bar negative head pump.

Both work fine independently but when you run both at the same time, the shower furthest away takes the flow leaving the shower closest to the pump dribbling...

Just need some advice on possible reasons and solutions.

Pump on it's way out? Run a dedicated pump for each shower?

Cheers in advance

90f391372fbad82892cc7785e8079aff.jpg

Not sure, I didn't check :/ It looks more like a monsoon though than a showermate I think.. *swear word goes here*

Sorry scratch that, I reckon it's a monsoon. I'd start looking at how the one performing poorly, the nearest you say, is piped.

It's 15mm teed off from a 22mm hep pipe.

Run some 22mm then. And see how much storage you have in the loft

Storage isn't massive.. It sits behind the shower just above the cylinder

Rerun problem mixer in 22mm. Is it the bath or the shower that's problematic? Check all ISO valves and filters including those on the pump. When I say storage, how big are the tank/tanks in the loft?

Turns out that the problem mixer tap wasn't opening fully.. Fixed the tap and problem was solved ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump and Dual Shower Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock