Discuss Problem - Worcester Bosch MT10rf thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

I've got a Worcester bosch green star 28i combi boiler and the control/remote thermostat has stopped working tonight. Tried a variety of batteries, put foil behind but its dead!

Any thoughts?

If I buy a new one I take it I need to buy a new receiver that fits on the front of the boiler? Am I allowed to fit this myself or do I need a gas safe friend to do it for me?

Nightmare!!

I can still get hot water which is good but no heating which isn't such a big problem as we can wear coats!!!!

Any thoughts in how to fix it or is it kaput?

How much are new ones Ray??

Cheers

Yours chillily

Rct

Thanks Lame. I'm working on it!!!! Another year and I'll be there or there abouts I hope.

Update, I've fixed it!! Gave up, looked on the web for a replacement. Got fed up at the prices so gave it a few 'taps' on the back and it's working.

Save myself about £150 parts plus labour.

I can sleep tonight.

Cheers

Rct

The boiler is coming up to 7 years. Had the heat exchange plate changed a year ago. Been a good boiler and I hope it keeps going until I'm gas safe!!

Rocket press the override button on on receiver then again to turn off to get heating on, it will just want new batteries and re syncing usually pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem - Worcester Bosch MT10rf thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock