Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kkelly77

Hi all,

I have an issue with fitting a towel radiator you might be able to help me with (I'm a complete novice as regards plumbing BTW).

I am replacing my old Quinn bathroom radiator with a 600mm x 1600mm towel radiator. The problem is the pipes coming up from the floor are 700mm apart and the pipe centres for the towel radiator, which are the underside of the radiator, are 555mm apart.

Can I use angled valves to make the original pipes fit to the underside of the towel radiator? And is there some sort of extension piece I can use to make up for the difference in width between the pipes and new radiator?

Thanks for the advice,
K.

I would take the pipes back down beneath floor level and have them coming up at the right centres. This would look the best.

If it's not easy to get under the floor, you could use offset bends on each pipe to get the correct width (72.5mm offset on each side).

I would take the pipes back down beneath floor level and have them coming up at the right centres. This would look the best.

If it's not easy to get under the floor, you could use offset bends on each pipe to get the correct width (72.5mm offset on each side).

Unfortunately floor is tiled so moving the pipes isn't an option. Do you mean physically bending the existing pipe to get the correct offset?

Indeed, however it's unlikely you'll be able to bend the pip in-situ, you'd need to cut the pipe low down and then produce the bends on the pipe. After the bends are complete, they'll need to be re-connected with end-feed couplers.

Without pipe benders or blowtorches, you'll need to call a plumber in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with towel radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock