Discuss problem with baxi potterton performa 28 boiler, please help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beeny

Hi,

i have got this boiler performa 28 and i have got an ongoing problem (for a year now...) basically it does not light up for hot water very often or just kind of turns off when you take a shower or a bath or simply when you haven't used it water for a while.. then when you turn the hot water tap on the water is bloody freezing (the water that runs from cold water tap is warmer that from the hot water one) and at that time the light flashes under 60 degrees that indicates 'fault on pump or low pressure', however the pressure's fine as it shows 1.5 bars. Also the pump has been replaced recently by an engineer who attended my property a few times and every time replaces a different part saying 'that must have been the reason...' and after an hour or two the problem returns... usually while taking a shower i have to go out a couple of times to turn it off and then back on in order to have some warm water (resetting doesn't help). I'm already clueless, PLEASE HELP!!!

Regards,
Peter

get a different engineer or get http://www.heateam.co.uk/ to fix it you have a very reliable simple boiler any competent engineer should be able to fix this in there sleep,it sounds to me as if theres issues with the pump diaprahm or debris in its housing or you could have a sticking aps stopping it mid cycle

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, i only rent the flat but the letting agency is .... ill leave it to myself lol... is there anything at all i could do by myslef? thank you

hello, i only rent the flat but the letting agency is .... ill leave it to myself lol... is there anything at all i could do by myslef? thank you

not really but ask the engineer about your pump flow switch and the orifice under it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem with baxi potterton performa 28 boiler, please help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back