Discuss pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

13jmc13

okay ive been welding for the last few years and i now am going to fall back on my plumbing for extra cash. trouble is its been that long i dont know what to charge any more, i have a few kitchen fitters who will use me, but i dont want to be quoting prices from 4 years ago. this willl be my first attempt at this solo, in other words i never priced jobs in the first place it was always my boss ! it will be disconnect kitchen sink, slight if any pipework alterations, and re-connect new sink and taps and so on. any ideas folks :confused:

hi, spot on there.
i would keep the prices you charged 4 years ago as this will keep you competitive for the work thats available now as its a little thin on the ground.
good lick

its thin on the ground all round my only fear is coming in so low that it may make the kitchen guys wary of the quality of the work, my thinking behind this is small jobs are easier managed and if lucky enough think i could make more doing two small jobs in one day than one big one would 70 sound about right for to disconnect one day and reconnect when new kitchen is installed ?

I think £70 is fine. Travel to the house, 30 minutes, not being able to turn the hot water off because the valve is seized, stopcock not been used in 20 years and is a struggle. Not being able to turn off from the road etc.

Putting isolators on the hw & cw and don't you just know the waste is going to need some work because it won't line up.

Its never just a case of disconnecting and re-connecting.

it wont be as simple as disconnecting and re-connecting as secret squrrel says it may involve a lot more - core drilling new waste hole, re-allign pipework - iso valves and new waste 70 would be my labour charge for 2 visits removal and refitting, 20 materials and 30 if i had to drill hole.

thanks everyone who replied to my post your input is greatley appreciated so far i have agreed a set price with 3 kitchen outlets they are as follows £70 plus materials for one outlet and £120 for the other two who i will provide the pipe valves etc in the price. i hope this may be of some use to someone else in the same position as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pricing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock