Discuss Power not going to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

murph3010

My puma 100e needed its PRV replacing. I turned of the switch at the wall and replaced it no issues. Came to turn the thing on no electric getting to the board. I checked fuse but its not this and all other electrics working in the kitchen. Im not good with electric but any help would be great. I did notice about 3 days ago the screen on the boiler had gone blank. I wonder if something was on its way out and when i tunred it off to do this job that was that. The board did not get wet by the way so only thing i can thing off is connection or switch broken????

god help me im sick to death of this boiler.

not the power switch under the control panel is it

The other one is the water pressure switch try linking it out and see if the boiler fires up

Last edited by a moderator:
other power switch ?? i will look for it. will check pressure switch now. Its really odd.:confused:

Is the low pressure light on ,if so could be pressure sensor blocked
Could be dry joint on boiler pcb,usually top left hand connection strip on pcb

No lights or power to it ! i flick the swithc on the wall and get nothing. I have replaced the fuse and unless its two fuses then it has to be something on the board im guessing. But i really dont know what im doing with it it to be honest. I thought about putting you power cable to it and trying it in a plug socket in the kitchen. at least then if it doesnt work it not the mains.

Would not go to the trouble,will have to get someone in to sort out to be on safe side

just noticed there is a fuse on the board its a small fuse not a normal size coudl it be that??? if it is where can i get a small fuse like it?

there is a fuse on the board,if you wish you can turn power off and remove and check if ok as is clear glass to you can see if intact
But as you are not sure of what you are doing you could cause more damage
I am hesitant of saying any more as do not want you to get a electric shock at best
Know when to step back and get someone in

there is a fuse on the board,if you wish you can turn power off and remove and check if ok as is clear glass to you can see if intact
But as you are not sure of what you are doing you could cause more damage
I am hesitant of saying any more as do not want you to get a electric shock at best
Know when to step back and get someone in

yeah i understand what your saying but ive rung around nobody willing to come out for a week or two ggrrrrr. the fuse i pulled out was white on the board not glass??

yeah i understand what your saying but ive rung around nobody willing to come out for a week or two ggrrrrr. the fuse i pulled out was white on the board not glass??

one will not come out for a few weeks,work most be good near you,were are you,think I may move near there :)

lol yeah so can the fuse be white??? or should it have been glass.

Well im hoping its the fuse. cant do much more about it at this time of day so will get a fuse tomorrow and update the thread. As i said for a couple of days there has been no led display im quessing something was going wrong with it and swithcing it on and off again has made it go wibble

Last edited by a moderator:
as already said could be lwp switch,pull one wire of to prove [you dont link this one together] or pcb as the puma eats these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power not going to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock