Discuss Potterton promax combi he plus 2 fault codes?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading on the forum seems a few people are having problems with the ignition on these boilers!!

I'm getting an intermittent E133 fault, so having seen this fault on the baxi duo-tec (normally spark gap on ignition electrode) i removed electrode to check gap and condition, all looked fine.

after a few times of firing up the boiler, then trying to get it to lockout it eventually did so, then came up with an E168 Fault (a hidden fault code not in MI's) rang technical they said E168 was a signal fault which the board flashes up when its getting something back it doesnt like! then rang my mate who works for Heatteam and he said it could be any component in the ignition sequence (obviously he has a van full of parts to chuck in!).....so i renewed spark generator and ignition electrode out of hope, no difference whatsoever....so i'm left thinking PCB or gas valve both expensive parts...any baxi experts come across this situation before??

cheers lads (sorry for the long post!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax combi he plus 2 fault codes?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months back and have a problem with the boiler (Ideal HE12). It was always a bit noisy (fan) but it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a Potterton Promax HE Plus combi boiler and had a question I was hoping someone could help answer for me? The boiler switches on and...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
Back