Discuss Potterton Pprofile 50e Boiler help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Another fresh problem for a monday morning
My old trusty Potterton Profile 50e boiler has just been moved to a newly extended wall in the garden (approx 3.5 meters).

The pump is still at the old location and the only thing that was moved was the two 22mm CH pipes and a new 22mm gas pipe was laid as new for future use (even though the boiler only takes 15mm).

The radiators were filled to the brim everywhere. The hot water tank was full as well before the boiler was started. The pump was also bled (central screw) before starting the boiler.

It started as normal then gained its flame as seen through the window. Ran for about 2-3 minutes and then just turned off, then never came back on. The boiler surface was hot whereas the pipes were cold.

There is power at the boiler, but when I open the microswitch under the pump, there is no power there. Is it OK to connect power directly to this pump to see if it runs? Can anyone please advise the firing/ diagnosing sequence of this boiler? Does it have a fuse?

I've another plumber coming around but I just want to be armed with all the information so we can sort this quickly when he arrives.

Thank you.

Last edited:
In all honesty your installer should have all the information needed to diagnose and rectify the problem.

This boiler is far simpler than any new boiler and much easier to diagnose faults on. I am sure he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Pprofile 50e Boiler help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back