Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Netaheat Profile 80 Cut Out Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skobulike

This week Potterton Netaheat Profile 80 tripped out and I used the reset button to try and get it going again, but ... it didn't restart until I turned the boiler thermostat down to 0.

Now, if the boiler is cold it will only restart with the boiler thermostat set to 0. As it warms up, the boiler thermostat can be turned higher before it cuts out (this is backwards!). If I leave it running it eventually trips out and I have to use the reset button to get it going again.

Any ideas anyone? Is the boiler thermostat faulty?

Thank you!

Does sound like the boiler thermostat is sticking a kaput ,the reset is down to the boiler over heating,get thermostat replaced

imho

Hi

I agree with the first guy as the boiler may well be doig what it is designed to do.

Normal questions would be:

Are the flow and returned getting hot away from the boiler i.e. radiators as your pump may be stuck or u/s.

It may be seized zone valves(check action), a lack of water (check tanks and radiators) or a blockage (requires corrosion removal!).

If your pumps going (check spinning and not just noisy) and you have full circulation
then it may be your stat. Most times the stat will be doing it's job so I'd still get someone in to do ther basic checks.

Phil

Thanks Everyone

PhilJones, I find it hard to believe the boiler is doing what it is designed to do when the stat is working backwards (turn it up it goes off, turn it down it comes on?!).

The rads are getting hot and we're getting loads of hot water from the cylinder. I'm not 100% sure (need to lift floorboards to check), but I think it is a mixed (gravity hw, pumped heating) system. The pump may be on it's way out as well, so must take a look ...

Just trying to nurse along an old system, because we're hoping to extend soon ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Netaheat Profile 80 Cut Out Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and then needs to be reset. It normally happens when the boiler has switched off and is no doubt due to the hot water rising to the top of the boiler, but I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock