Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Eco Boiler not working query in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week.

It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!)

This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time - and increasingly short periods of time. If I set the temp on the boiler to 70, it seems to very quickly increase (often from as low as in the 30s), get to about 52 and then the heating cuts out. The boiler is still on and I understand these have a ‘back up’ which keeps hot water ready at all times and that seems to be working also.

I have found that if I reduce the hot water target temp on the boiler, the heating seems to stay on longer.

Originally I thought it was a thermostat issue as it seemed to work in the evening but have the above problem during the day. However, now it seems to do the above at all times.

Any idea what’s causing it and how I might go about fixing it?

Did you get someone to have a look at it? What was the problem in the end?

It could be numerous things, including a flow problem around the system (clogged up with silt/sludge/scale) or a flow problem in the boiler (badly scaled up). You haven't even given a proper model name nor whether there is any fault code displaying, beginning with an F. If no boiler fault code then a clogged up system would fit your description. The previous owner has run away from the problem :) It's definitely something that can't be fixed online!

Reply to Vaillant Eco Boiler not working query in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock