Discuss potential interview questions and answers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Harman

Hi people,
Im a level 3 NVQ in heating and ventilating systems and been working on-site for a few years. Im just starting my gas course and need to get my portfolio done... I wanted to get on a plumbing and gas firm and lucky enough I have been given an interview... I was just wondering if any of you had any interview questions and possible answers you could give me so I can go in really prepared... I am aware I need to find out about the company, why I want to work there, strengths, weaknesses etc.. but i am looking for more in depth questions that some of you may have faced.

I would be very grateful for all your help!

i assume you have researched the company already and can tell me how long they have been established for and there general target cliental?

Questions will be the generic what can you bring to the company, name a example where you had a difficult problem to over come and how you did it

and Specific ones about the role and your understanding of it

Also helps if you don't have a 'know it all' attitude - you would be surprised how many do! You are there to learn, but you know what you know, so be confident without being cocky!
Most people who have worked their way up through level 3 to gas are going to be able to do the job. This is largely about them seeing if you are the kind of person they can work with.

Also helps if you don't have a 'know it all' attitude - you would be surprised how many do! You are there to learn, but you know what you know, so be confident without being cocky!
Most people who have worked their way up through level 3 to gas are going to be able to do the job. This is largely about them seeing if you are the kind of person they can work with.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. I have got some my ideals from your points of view.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

They could ask you what your long term career plans are. Careful with this one - you want to be seen as keen to develop and advance yourself but on the other hand they dont want to spend loads of effort to train someone whose ambition is to leave and set up in competition as soon as they are qualified!

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. I have got some my ideals from your points of view.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

This link below can show more info, you can find them at: [DLMURL="http://interviewquestionsandanswers.biz/electrical-interview-questions-and-answers"]Electrical interview questions and answers[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
studys suggest that interviewers make a decision in the first few minutes. they then try to find ways to prove why to take on or refuse the person.
most decisions are made on wether they like you or not.

so, all that said, be polite, smile, make eye contact, be humble, enthusiastic, prove dedication, willingness. the rest should wok for you. show you are impressed by them, they will like that.
be honest with yourself, if you didnt like someone even if they were good would u want to work with them?

does anybody no what is technical written test for interview for homeserve plumbing thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potential interview questions and answers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock