Discuss Please check a job I've had done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new pipes to the towel rail should have been kept vertical and then 2 square bends and with a kick out to bring them in line with the valves.
Still would look an add on, though.
The pipes in the attic should have been installed further away behind the roof frames so to keep the floor space free. The runs that go parallel with the joists can normally be run below the floor, between flooring and ceiling, before being bent up behind roof frames.
It all seems a fairly neat, but done by a beginner, looking install.

Who employed the installer, you or the Finance company? I would guess it was the FC, in which case you should complain to them and insist that the faults are corrected.

As for the towel rad, it's a very amateurish job. Didn't the man have the brains to think of running the pipes as in the pics below? It would be much neater.

View attachment 31678 View attachment 31679
How would you cut the pipework ? Secondly, How are you going to solder the pies if they are so close to the skirting boards?
It doesn't look pretty I agree, but what else can you do to make things better? I would rather lift the Floors and change the wole layout

Last edited by a moderator:
Really makes you wonder why people get a bathroom floor, etc, all nicely tiled, yet leave an old radiator?
Then later decide to change the radiator to an entirely different sized towel rail.

Not the first and last time you will see that like this. What's the point of keeping old stuff ? Just for the sake of saving ÂŁ80 ? Now, it's gonna be a pain and a lot more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really makes you wonder why people get a bathroom floor, etc, all nicely tiled, yet leave an old radiator?
Then later decide to change the radiator to an entirely different sized towel rail.

Situations like this are often the result of an elderly/vulnerable homeowner being exploited by an unscrupulous salesman.

It would've been possible to remove those solder ring straight couplings and replace them with elbows even if it meant scorching the skirting.

Probably a soldering mat, or a thin sheet of metal behind the pipes, (but not touching the skirting) would protect the skirting from the flame.
I sometimes use a builders trowel.
Builder doesn't like it though. ;)

TBH I like it :D

Painted in don't think you will notice it

To be honest, the work is tidy, if weird.
While, ideally, the loft work would not have been on the floor, I have done similar myself when the customer didn't care and wasn't willing to pay the extra for me to lift the floor and put the pipes elsewhere. But I would have lagged: 25mm of foam at the very least, and a few extra clips.
Not sure why the bathroom pipework is how it is. The excecution is skilful, but the planning is odd. I think I would have sweated the existing couplings off rather than connecting to the weird angle, but then I wasn't there.
Can you explain further on these holes made in the tiles for the towel rail and not used...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please check a job I've had done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock