Discuss One Rad not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GomezZz

Recently got called to swap a rad over for a bigger one. We went in did the job but only to find that the rad isn't getting hot. The customer later admitted that the one before was only getting warm , so I need you guys to give me some ideas and tips to go forward with this problem. The house is a mid sized property. Loft extension taking the room count to : 1 x Kitchen/dining , 1 x Front room, upstairs has 3 x bedrooms + Bathroom, Loft has 2x Rooms + bathroom. House is running a combi in the kitchen downstairs. Not sure what KW it is tho , sorry guys. We didn't have a chance to check out the pipe runs either .

Right then , cheers for reading people , look forward to your replies... adios

Shut all other rads see what happens, if still same take valves off and check flows through each side

Shut all other rads see what happens, if still same take valves off and check flows through each side

Cheers Toddy , forgot to say we did that but still got nowhere near any amount of warmth :mad:

Any other ideas ?

So its not a balance problem . Disconnect each rad valve from rad and see what the flow is like from each valve , if one has a reduced flow its either valve US (Trv usually) , blockage or damaged pipe

So its not a balance problem . Disconnect each rad valve from rad and see what the flow is like from each valve , if one has a reduced flow its either valve US (Trv usually) , blockage or damaged pipe

Cool thanks, I'll try that . Many thanks Toddy , I'll let you know how we get on.

Is it a boiler powered system or an aga solid fuel? If its an aga they will only power about four rads (depending on size of rads).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One Rad not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back