Search the forum,

Discuss old 15mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supergreen

has anyone got any suggestions for connecting onto the old 15mm copper tube with the slightly thicker wall? Usually find it under the floor on incoming main before stopcock. Tried the philmac universal tranisition 15 - 21mm but they are pretty chunky, just wondering if theres anything better, cheers.

are you sure its copper and you havent cut through the brass union on the end of the lead ? if it is copper and a bit thick just file it down theres no diffence between metric and imperial so if its 15 any fitting should fit

yeah its just copper but the wall is thicker than usual so will not take any type of fitting, put the universal coupling on as a temp but need to neaten it up! will try an file it down cheers.

sure it is 15mm and not 1/2"? you can get converter end feed

its original incoming main, dark copper so could be imperial didn't know there was a fitting for 1/2 inch, will try an get hold of one thanks.

There is also a thick walled 1/2" copper. There's a lot of it around Bexhill. I use my Rothenberger socket forming tool and form a socket on it. The other way is to file it down so that it fits a standard compression fitting.

There is also a thick walled 1/2" copper. There's a lot of it around Bexhill. I use my Rothenberger socket forming tool and form a socket on it. The other way is to file it down so that it fits a standard compression fitting.

I've never needed to file it down with compression fittings, always just slipped on.

just use a 16mm (1/2) to 15mm compression fitting or end feed coupler.

just been working at a place with imperial pipe, already had sockets for the 22x3/4". for the 1/2" just kept cleaning until fitted a 15 mm socket, did a few joints, time consuming especially in awkward places
just picked these up to make things easier

Toolstation > Plumbing > End Feed > E/F Straight Coupler
to look at seems like a straight 15mm socket, but just that fraction wider to fit the 1/2" pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old 15mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock