Discuss Ok to use adjustable rad valve tails between iso and female flexi end? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I know normal type are fine. But this type where the bit slides up and down:

Radiator Compression Valve Tail 15mm Pack of 2 | Manual Valves | NoLinkingToThis

I'd say yes but they won't adjust and they probably don't meet water regs...... But an extender on a flexible? U doing some DIY?

If yiu must find a shirtcut adapter ibstead of brass male 1/2" iron and copper then get these.
Tap Tail Adaptors - Toolstation

Yeah I've used those (or old rad valve tails) before. Only had one on van and the flexi's (that came with the tap) didn't quite reach iso's. Had an extendable tail however, was in rush, thought I'd use it.

I can live with the shame and horror of it as long as it doesn't blow apart in the middle of the night.

And anyway, chrome to chrome to chrome. Looked good I thought. And if it's not going to leak who gives a duck?

And anyway, chrome to chrome to chrome. Looked good I thought. And if it's not going to leak who gives a duck?

Is it temp ? You going to change it and do it properly ? Nobody gives a duck but its your work. If i went to a job and it was like that id be wondering what else plumber had thrown together

nobody has yet suggested there is an increased chance of it failing/leaking. and in my opinion it actually looks quite neat in a novelty-attractive-chrome-vibe. i'm yet to see a problem but should there be an increased chance of mechanical failure i'd reconsider, hence original question.

but i'm not concerned by the disapproval of other plumbers who might see it if that's what you mean. although perhaps i should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ok to use adjustable rad valve tails between iso and female flexi end? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back