Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss oil and pushfit 15mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi a bit of a strange question. we went to a factory today and they are complaining that the cold water drinks machine tastes funny so we had a drink and it tastes oily. all the copper pipes are black with oil so i was just wondering if the speed fit to this machine can absorb oil to give it a funny taste, thanks dom

Are the pipes Black on the outside, inside or both?

Just cold water, not a tea & coffee vending machine? If it is tea & coffee I would get vending machine checked over inside first. Other than that I`m baffled at the moment.

Water regs don't allowing running plastic pipe through contaminated soil so it's a possibility that oil can permeate plastic. After all it is made from oil in the first place.

Any new plumbing work been done recently?
Sorry mate other than that I`m at a loss but await other replies to enlighten me.

Heat water in clean pan If you get a skin on oil on top your there. Chemicals from some sort of process or cleaner with insufficient backflow protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil and pushfit 15mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock