Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss NTPS Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumline

Not logged on in a while all changed and the site looks good, can't see much about the guys I trained with so thought I'd put some stuff down to say how much I enjoyed training with them and have been back to do some of the one day courses that they do.
Can't rate them highly enough If your thinking of training or getting some extra qual's e.g. water regs, gas training, acs, legionella etc they are definatly worth a visit.
NTPS Training Ltd | Plumbing Training Courses | Cheshire | Manchester | North West | UK

Enjoy

:D

i agree, 1st class tuition and loads of help when you need it. I looked at all the centres prior to doing my 6129 c&g and i am now glad i went with NTPS. The guys here are patient and teach you all you need to know. Also seems a good place to learn and get your gas quals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't thank NTPS Training enough. They're helping me to gain my level 3 tech cert and NVQ 3 so I can hope to emmergrate to Australia in the next year with any luck! They have already helped other people to gain their NVQ 3 and tech cert 3 which is a requirement for the best chance to get your way into Australia. They also helped by giving refernces to immigration to confirm qualifications and experience.
Simon and Paul are very helpful and they don't mind doing one-to-one training.

Tech certs already achived this year with NTPS:
Legionella
Risk Assessment and Disinfection of water systems
NVQ level 2
Gas foundation course and then my ACS maybe by the end of July!

I just wish I had chosen NTPS instead of the training provider I had last year, which was VIY Training in Leeds. The staff were nice but I felt like the students were cattle and just hearded through the course. Now I've just found out that I had no completion cert for 6129 level 2 because of an error from the admin staff. They had not ticked the right boxes on the admin forms to City & Guilds and so hadn't opted me out of 'employment rights and responsibilites', which is for Apprentices only. Thanks VIY! City & Guilds have now sorted it out, but it has taken weeks!

NTPS is only a small place but that means you can work a deal for more than one course, and the training is more personal.

Speak to Simon - he's the man who can!!:D

NTPS Training Ltd | Plumbing Training Courses | Cheshire | Manchester | North West | UK 0161 366 5066

Hi to the other NTPSers - I read the other links about the large training providers and cant understand why more people dont go to NTPS it must be frustrating for Paul and Simon - they run really good courses and tell you loads of information and at the cheapest price I could find, I also phoned them when I was out on one of my first jobs and got into first day panic, Paul talked me through. would tutors from the big trainers do this?

NTPS training has helped me again!!!!!!!

I've just completed my ACS gas training today and i'm going to register to gas safe when i get my certs back from BPEC.
Next course on my list to do is:

6129 Tec cert 3 , 6089 NVQ 3 in plumbing.

Thanks to paul for getting me through my ACS Exam.

well done landow, i know who to call on to connect up my gas on installs :D:D

Bit of an update.....
I finished my first week with NTPS last week. I signed up for the full time 8 week C&G level 2 6129, and so far very good! I'd done a fair bit of DIY before, but after 1 week i'm soldering (but still improving!), bending pipe and piping in a sink to a plan. I didn't expect to be doing that much after 1 week! Groups are small, but that means you get loads of 1:1 - which normally you would pay extra for:D!! Paul has been tutoring me, he's been patient and given loads of tips of the trade, including what to do when I make a mistake, not just when it goes right!

It is a small local 1 site centre, so you won't see loads of posts on here, but is very good, professional but down to earth.

By comparison before I chose NTPS, I went to visit OLCI Manchester...it was like an episode from 'The Office' I kid you not! I had a meeting with the careers advisor (salesman), usual speel when I asked about a discount...he had to ring his boss etc....But the funniest was when the tutor came in (who seemed ok) to say someone had come in to pay for a short course. The careers advisor, said he'd have to wait, as he would not get any commision for that course, or he could pay via the head office call centre. Seriously! This is where part of your fees go to pay for these support staff.

I chose NTPS, as I know the fees (its cheaper) go to the actual tutors (who own it) not to a head office and so they want you to do well - its their business!

Any way, I hope it continues like this for the remainder of the course - keep you posted.
cheers,

Marco

Ok pleased to say, I passed the level 2 a week a go, so thought I'd just give a bit of an update as promised.

Course was good to the end, Paul even took me out on a job - its a bit different in someones house with the carpet rolled up and floorboards up!

Was quite sad to finish in some ways! However now out in the big wide world, starting on work for the NVQ, but would definatlely look to go back at some stage!

just found out the lads are now doing a level 3 6129 which can get you into gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NTPS Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock