Discuss Not happy with with new unvented system, although it works fine. Shower pressure issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Non of them are correct let’s see what he says

also need them figures ?

he's just come back to me suggesting that this set up will be the one he intends to use.

What yould your suggestion be if none of them are correct?
updated diagram below.

I have looked at the Grundfos Scala2 pump you sent the link to. If I do get this, would it go BEFORE the unvented cylinder and FROM the water talnk in the loft.

Shaun - any chance of a quick chat?
[automerge]1577702731[/automerge]

also need them figures ?

I'll get those figures thursday.

Attachments

• su1 revised.jpeg
    su1 revised.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
You can’t pump from the outlet of the unvented cylinder (this would concern me he thinks he can do this) you sure he’s g3 registered?

would go water tanks
Pump
Cold supply to the Unvented cylinder
Cold Balanced supply to the bathrooms

You can’t pump from the outlet of the unvented cylinder (this would concern me he thinks he can do this) you sure he’s g3 registered?

would go water tanks
Pump

I think his plumber is suggesting using the unvented cylinder as vented now Shaun!?

would go water tanks
Pump

Really appreciate the feedback and help - I don't want to waste any more money and time.

I'm going to show this thread to him later.

Someone actually came out to check his work and a NAPIT certificate was issued?

Is the now attached what your suggesting based upon your last comment (i ask as not sure what the 'balanced' cold bit refers to)

These are the tanks he is supplying: Polytank Cold Water Tank 25gallon (UK) 690 x 515 x 520mm - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/polytank-cold-water-tank-25gallon-uk-690-x-515-x-520mm/10500

The file can be edited from think link via draw.io if anyone wishes to edit?

Attachments

• su5.jpg
    su5.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 38
Will draw something up later

like this would be the only way i would do it

need to know your supply so can work out if the tanks are enough eg 70l

Attachments

• su5.jpg
    su5.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 33

Thanks a million.

I think that all makes sense to me- apart from the unvented control block. What is that/how does it it work? Is this another unit device- rough cost?

And I see now shower pumps here- is there any way I could use this instead of the Grundfos pump as it’s at least another £400 ontop or the £700 he’s quoted me to do this week work- ontop of the £16-700 ive already paid.

Will show this to my guy and see what he thinks.

Can’t thank you enough for your input
[automerge]1577748044[/automerge]

Also, my unvented tank is 300L So think the 3 25gallon tanks = 340ish L? Should be enough?

Reply to Not happy with with new unvented system, although it works fine. Shower pressure issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock