Discuss Not happy with with new unvented system, although it works fine. Shower pressure issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Ah I misread that. So he's intending to use a shower pump to boost HW supply to house? Strange

I think this is how it was set up before (from the previous owner) i had the new tank installed. Any time the hot water was running, the pump used to kick in.

Even if it’s strange, it will work right?

Alternatively he may have meant that hot and cold for the showers will be then pumped, but everting else will be mains pressure.

I’ll ask him to draw up a little diagram too just so that I have it for my own future reference.

Also, if those pumps are not suitable, which ones would be? These are the pumps that were there before and they seemed to work pretty well, except for the noise element. I can live with the noise over flow/pressure though.

You'd have to ask Shaun or someone else who does plumbing work daily with regards to what pump is suitable for what you're suggesting because I honestly don't know. If your plumber is intending on keeping your unvented cylinder mains pressure and using tanks in loft for showers then he would also be installing a dedicated vented cylinder for the shower hot water, more money and parts and another zone for your CH system, unless it was direct heated through an immersion heater.

thats rated for constant use

thats rated for constant use

Thanks buddy

I’ll double check the other pump that I have to see what type of pump it is. If it is just a normal shower pump would it be the end of the world as a temp solution, given the cost factor?

Seems like a bit of a Heath Robinson solution to me. Is upgrading the supply pipe to something correctly sized out of the question?

Seems like a bit of a Heath Robinson solution to me. Is upgrading the supply pipe to something correctly sized out of the question?

Unfortunately yes. All refurbishment is now complete. As I had moved out the property, the problem was not something discovered until we moved back in.

On initial inspection all seemed ok as it was just viewed with one shower / tap running. It was only in the ‘real world’ it became an an issue.

It’s going to have to be a similar solution to what’s listed above at this point. 😣
[automerge]1577694115[/automerge]
I've quickly drawn up 3 versions of what the set up could/would be to confirm my understanding. I think it's the 1st one (su1) based on what he wrote, but drawn up another 2 set ups. I've asked him to confirm or correct....

Attachments

• su1.jpeg
    su1.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 23
  • su2.jpeg
    su2.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 24
  • su3.jpeg
    su3.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Reply to Not happy with with new unvented system, although it works fine. Shower pressure issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock