Discuss Not all Rads getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plumber who piped the Y plan is going to disconnect the cylinder and put a hose through it and also cut flow and return and put water through boiler to see if either is blocked

Try running a magnet over the pipework near the pump, if it sticks then theres a good chance theres a blockage. Prime candidate is where the cold feed from the F & E enters the syatem or neutral point as its more commonly known.

When He disconnected the cylinder there was a little amount of scale and brown water.The coil was flushed through with fresh water until clear.He fitted a vent after the 3 way valve .Only the rads upstairs are getting hot .I have had a climpro fitted .The tap water is set for 55 degrees but I have noticed the boiler is reaching temp of 95 degrees.He disconnected some rad pipes in the cellar and there was a lot of what I think was scale .He has said I might have to change the TRV's.only the rads upstairs are getting warm.

Try running a magnet over the pipework near the pump, if it sticks then theres a good chance theres a blockage. Prime candidate is where the cold feed from the F & E enters the syatem or neutral point as its more commonly known.

its so so common

When He disconnected the cylinder there was a little amount of scale and brown water.The coil was flushed through with fresh water until clear.He fitted a vent after the 3 way valve .Only the rads upstairs are getting hot .I have had a climpro fitted .The tap water is set for 55 degrees but I have noticed the boiler is reaching temp of 95 degrees.He disconnected some rad pipes in the cellar and there was a lot of what I think was scale .He has said I might have to change the TRV's.only the rads upstairs are getting warm.

any thoughts on this?

I cant believe this has not been sorted yet either

I agree that it is not good practice to combine a single pipe system with a two pipe system even so you still expect some sort circulation. The fact that your boiler is getting up to 95 degrees is not good for the boiler so I would suggest that you should turn it down so it reaches a maximum temp of 60 degrees the fault is not on the boiler its on the system.

My suggestion for discovering what the fault is with the system is to purchase a lazer thermometer and follow the route of all the pipwork the best you can to find where the system stops circulating, so far you have spent a lot of time and money altering pipework and getting nowhere. I feel its time to go back to basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not all Rads getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My property is a 3-bed terraced with double glazing windows... It currently has no central heating, so I will get a new combi fitted...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock